Thursday, July 22, 2010

Can anyone help me find something for my face (blackheads/whiteheads)?

I was my face daily and hardly ever wear make-up. What inexpensive things can I use on my face for blackheads and whiteheads. They are mainly on my cheekbones. Never had this problem until I started having kids. ThanksCan anyone help me find something for my face (blackheads/whiteheads)?
Here is how I handle this, I have mostly oily skin and only use a very little foundation makeup, or none usually, : At the end of the day, I use a clean cotton ball moistened with astringent.Wiping upward on face and neck to clean out pores, then rinsing with warm water.The cotton will take away everything that should not be left on the skin and also is a gentle ex foliation. I then use a dab or two of Clearasil 4 hour rapid action treatment cream blending into problem areas, or on a bump if I get one. Then follow with a light non oily moisturizer or a little clear glycerin on face and neck to prevent too much dryness. In the morning, I repeat the same treatment.* This Clearasil cream is not just one of the usual ones from Clearasil, but a new kind from that same company. It really does work because it prevents most of my problem bumps that I used to get, and on the one that was more recent, it totally went away without getting worse. This cream is in a box, but it is a 1 oz. tube and says ';4 hours'; on it meaning that there will be a noticeable change on your skin within 4 hours. It worked for me and I've had problems before finding this cream. It's only about $ 6.Can anyone help me find something for my face (blackheads/whiteheads)?
Wal-mart sells a generic version of Pro-Active, and from what I understand you can now buy Pro-Active in some stores (like Wal-greens and Wal Mart). I have very oily skin as well and I've been using the generic stuff (when I started using it, it was $17 compared to $54. Now Pro-Active sells for like $19.) My acne has completely disappeared and my face doesn't get that sheen after a few hours anymore. I would highly recommend that stuff. The generic from Wal Mart is called ACNE FREE.





It's a 4 step process. Wash your face, use the toner, then use their moisturizer. But then, after that you use your own moisturizer (I use vitamin E cream). You would think that the double amounts of moisturizer would make your skin oily, but the Acne Free moisturizer is actually a time released benzoyl peroxide, so it continues to release this and remove the oil. Without the extra moisturizer, your face will dry out and begin to peal.

No comments:

Post a Comment